Wednesday, February 25, 2015

On the Bench - Sample Mania

I LOVE it when Art Supply companies provide generous sizes and quantities for their sampler packs. Case in point, today I am experimenting with archival quality acid free Art and Mounting Boards from a 5in x 7in pack generously given me last week by the Crescent paper company representative Milton Stevenson. Thanks Milton!


Btw, Milton's an artist as well at www.MiltonStevenson.com. In Atlanta last year I saw him beating up on a Crescent artist grade Illustration Board on which he had built up layers of acrylic paints and scraped and sanded away on the surface to create his beautiful distressed artworks.


Now, I'm putting Crescent's different sampler surfaces to the test with my brand of mixed media mania! So far, my favorite surfaces are the 1/8th inch thick Art Board 114, Art Board 99 (Illustration Board), Art Board 215 (Marker Board), and Mounting Board 8 (Ultra Black).

What are your favorite mixed media painting surfaces? Leave a comment below to share your experiences. Thanks!

HAPPY ARTING!  Tristina :D

No comments:

Post a Comment