Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Border's Going Out Of Business Sale

OMG! The Border's book store on East Sunrise Blvd. near the Galleria Mall in Fort Lauderdale is closing... They are offering books at 40% to 60% off. I picked up a whole armfull of art books there recently, including a fabulous coffee table book called 'American Grafitti' by Margo Thompson. I LOVE grafitti and have been photographing it on train cars, road-signs, along highways and on buildings for years. Below are a few images I have captured...





I feel the best book I picked up at the Border's sale, and there were 2 left, is 'The Human Figure In Motion' by Eadweard Muybridge. It's chock full of images of men, women and children sitting, standing and moving from front, back and side. I am going to use this as a reference for drawing the human figure in whatever pose I want. Really cool!

Comment if you pick up any books you are excited about from the sale!

No comments:

Post a Comment