Thursday, April 7, 2011

Inspired Hand Colored Paper Paintings

Lately I have been inspired to make bunches of hand-colored papers with tissue and acrylic paints using a technique I learned in one of Edyi Lampasona's classes at the Boca Raton Museum of Art School last year. The mixing of colors on the paper is very organic and the colors come out so juicy once dry! Here are some of the papers I made this week drying in the hot Florida sun:


I decided to try a landscape dyeing technique I read about in Mickey Lawler's book 'Sky Dyes' with the papers I was making...and really like the results. Here are 2 of the paintings I have done so far by simply adhering the papers I made to canvas (love the crinkly texture that remains in the surface once the soft gel meduim drys).


 Wish you could see the shimmer of metallic on these paintings. Very exciting!!! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment