Monday, April 18, 2011

Michael DeMeng's Dusty Diablos Miracles

You may have noticed (or not!) that one of my favorite art books is Michael DeMeng's 'Secret of Rusty Things'. I'll do a review on that book in a later post...

For now I wanted to share with you something I read in Michael's latest book, 'Dusty Diablos - Folklore, Iconography, Assemblage, Ole'. I was browsing through it last night in my new partly put together studio office as a reward for working hard yesterday and came across this quote that really jumped out at me while reading about his bottle cap milagros (milagros are symbolic little emblems that represent a wish or a prayer):

"Everyone needs a good miracle now and again."
Wow...I resemble that remark!!!

My latest miracle is the building of my new studio office in my home.  Family played a key role in getting it together. Thanks to my husband for financing the project and my father for building the project. Thanks to mom for shopping with me and watching the kids. It really takes a community to make these kinds of miracles happen!



Tristina :)

No comments:

Post a Comment